What should you do when your Washington DC home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your family – against the multitude of risks you might experience, like break-ins, flooding, and fire. Although your home may be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Washington DC home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is often shocking, confusing, and could provoke panic. Your best bet is to stay calm and abide by these simple suggestions.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Washington DC Sounds
You don’t want to be in this predicament, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system originally. You’re woken up in the wee hours of the morning with the distinct blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. What are you going to do?
- Try not to panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is racing. But keeping a cool head is the best way to appraise the situation. Avoid the temptation of trying to deal with the emergency on your own and allow your monitoring staff and first responders to perform their job.
- Protect your family members. Your priority should be your family and leading them to safety. In the event of a break-in, this might involve proceeding to a predetermined safe zone as far away from access points as possible. The intruder was likely already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or a blaze, please leave your residence right away.
- Grab your smartphone. The vast majority of individuals keep their smartphones with them at all times these days, but you might neglect to pick it up during a crisis. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and receive updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Washington DC goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts will instantly act. The first move is to validate your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The procedure they follow is dependent on the type of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, one attempt will be made to contact you before help is deployed. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most common sort of event - a monitoring professional will abide by these procedures to reach out to you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you using the central command panel. You will typically be required to supply a passcode.
- If that doesn’t result in an answer, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or your first contact person is tried next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again after emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not able to interact with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Help will still be deployed even when you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Get protection for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Washington DC
Stay ready for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Washington DC from Vivint. Dial (202) 780-3214 to start customizing your home’s defense today.