Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Washington DC smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete command of your Washington DC home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and find tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Washington DC benefit you?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements via radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote operation through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Check current or recorded footage from all integrated security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Washington DC by implementing schedules or creating preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open door will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the security system by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Washington DC
Despite the fact that many users can be set up when you first get your system, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, tap email or phone and submit the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, go to the menu, press users, select the user you wish to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Washington DC security system. Call (202) 780-3214 to get started.