Daily deliveries have become routine for many residents thanks to the shift to online shopping. You appreciate the ease of having goods left in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those parcels on your doorstep are enticements to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a significant problem, but you can protect yourself from it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are effective tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they do a lot more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to come to be an essential aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Washington DC video doorbell
Manufactured in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide an array of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to advance. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, speak to people at your door, and obtain instant updates whenever a package is delivered.
The best way to find out how a Washington DC video doorbell camera works is to explore the many advantages it gives you. Think about these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t find this on each model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading crime with warning lights and audible alarms. This is a great way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that includes the faces of individuals at your entry and packages on the surface below. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution streams any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera? Top models will provide amazing high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You are able to receive automatic alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and boxes.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody standing at your door? Reciprocal audio gives you the chance to ask their purpose for being there. You can even use this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will allow you to cut down on false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy access to video: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the opportunity to see current and archived video right from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you may engage with them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even allow you to talk with the individual at your door. These components have become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.